About us

My photo
Members & staff of UKIP past & present. Committed to reforming the party by exposing the corruption and dishonesty that lies at its heart, in the hope of making it fit for purpose. Only by removing Nigel Farage and his sycophants on the NEC can we save UKIP from electoral oblivion. SEE: http://juniusonukip.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/a-statement-re-junius.html

Wednesday 17 April 2013

UKIP: UKIP candidate ousted after Margaret Thatcher comments

It appears that Mr Bell had seriously compromised Nigel's desparate attempts to be seen as Mrs Thatcher's heir! Yet another example of 'libertarianism' in UKIP. Upset the Fuhrer and you're out!


UK Independence Party leader Nigel Farage and Ken Bell 
 
From the BBC:

A UKIP candidate who wrote an offensive tweet about Margaret Thatcher has withdrawn from local elections following an "extremely sarcastic" email exchange with a female activist.

Ken Bell was standing in Pendle Central in the Lancashire County Council elections on 2 May.

UKIP north west regional organiser Fred McGlade said Mr Bell was suspended over emails "offensive to women".

Last week Mr Bell tweeted "sympathies" to the devil for hosting Mrs Thatcher.

Mr Bell exchanged emails with a woman following an online debate about UKIP's national billboard campaign on immigration called "Enough's Enough".

He admitted his emails were "extremely sarcastic" and "derisory" but said he stood by them.

But Mr McGlade said: "It was aggressive and offensive to women in general.

"When I saw [the messages] I was appalled and thought this is not acceptable to us as a party."

He added: "It was not over a tweet over Margaret Thatcher's death.

"He was under suspension when he voluntarily stood down; his membership had not been cancelled."

Mr Bell said he had "mixed messages" from Mr McGlade, who he alleges "manoeuvred" him into standing down after he tweeted "sympathies go to His Satanic Majesty for having to host" the ex-prime minister who died last week aged of 87.

Mr Bell said: "I have no regrets about my email exchange or my Thatcher tweet.

"I am still a member in good standing of the party and have no plans to resign from UKIP."

To read the original: LINK

3 comments:

Ken Bell said...

I think that you are being more than a little unfair to Farage with this one since he knew nothing about the event.

The short version is that a party organiser named Fred McGlade had a brain fart when he saw my Thatcher Tweet and rang me up demanding that I withdraw as a candidate. Foolishly I agreed. Had I waited a day I would have seen that he was inventing rules as he went along, but that mistake is mine and cannot be rectified now.

He then used an internet spat with some Trots as cover for his action, but still managed to mess even his cover story up, as evidence emerges that the women I argued with are not ordinary members of the public but Trotskyites.

You can read the full story at www.kenbell.info. I do not know what the outcome will be, but my message to ordinary Kippers is to learn the rules and then just ignore people like Fred, especially when they are having one of their funny turns.

Junius said...

Thanks for this. So will Farage ask you to reconsider and stand again? We doubt it.

Unfortunately, UKIP's leadership make up the rules as they go along!

Greg_L-W. said...

Hi,

why might one wish to read more of Mr. Bell's unpleasant language and behaviour on his own blog where no doubt he demeans himself and UKIP yet further.

It is not so much that he did or didn't do something it is a matter of bringing the party into disrepute, particularly in the run up to an election however insignificant Council elections are in terms of our democracy which membership of the EU has already trashed!

Mr. Bell seemingly played straight into the hands of UKIP's enemies and rivals in the posturing and idiocy which passes for democracy in EU vassal states.

I for one will actively vote by refusing to spol my ballot paper with my mandate for one of the self serving political aspirants seeking income from the public purse but will clearly state Leave-The-EU on my ballot paper, which I will do until democracy in a sovereign UK Parliament is restored.

Regards,
Greg_L-W.